Do you love microdermabrasion? Our clients rave about it. This popular exfoliation technique delivers immediate results to smooth the skin, soften lines and even pigmentation. When microdermabrasion was first introduced we saw results like we’ve never seen before. This has been the “it” exfoliating treatment for years. But, now there’s a new “darling” in the world of effective exfoliating spa treatments. It’s called Bio-Brasion. Bio-Brasion is very much like our beloved microdermabrasion, only better. Much better.
What Is Bio-Brasion?
Simply put, Bio-Brasion is an advanced technology treatment for effective exfoliation. It combines a diamond tipped hand piece with low suction and gentle vibrations to painlessly exfoliate the skin. Infused into this treatment is a special wet / dry microdermabrasion system that pushes hydrating ingredients deep into the skin while introducing skin brighteners and pore clearing ingredients that allows for peak performance and maximum results.
Why is this better than traditional microdermabrasion?
Technically Bio-Brasion is a form of microdermabrasion. The treatments are very similar, but there are a few factors that set Bio-Brasion microdermabrasion treatments apart from the rest.
With traditional microdermabrasion, the particles used are made of aluminum oxide crystals. These sand like crystals have a few problems:
- First of all they are messy. You can get crystals in your hair, in your mouth, on your clothes, in your ears and God forbid you can get them in your eyes.
- The amount of crystals sprayed on the skin can be hard to control. This sometimes means uneven or unpredictable exfoliation which could result in prolonged red patches.
- In some cases the crystals might get lodged in the pores which could contribute to increased acne flare-ups.
- The suction used in traditional microdermabrasion can be quite strong. Anyone with weak capillary walls or prone to redness should stay away from traditional microdermabrasion treatments or risk damage to their skin.
Our estheticians have always loved microdermabrasion and often got great results but because of these considerations, they have had to think twice before recommending it to clients. Often we would opt out for a milder peel that would involve less variables. The best candidates were those with thick, sun damaged skin and those who were not actively breaking out or had to worry about skin sensitivities.
Our new Bio-Brasion Treatment has solved these potential problems and then made some extraordinary innovations that greatly increase the positive results you’ll enjoy:
- Bio-Brasion’s diamond tipped heads eliminate the need to use crystals. There are five diamond tips that each correspond to the clients skin type. and allow for precise and consistent exfoliation.
- Bio-Brasion uses a lower suction, so you’re not pulling or tugging at fragile capillaries and there is no risk of damage.
- Unlike traditional microdermabrasion, it’s performed on wet skin which increases skin hydration and penetration of performance ingredients.
- Bio-Brasion is like three treatments in one. With each pass over the skin a corrective serum is infused into the skin:
- THE PEEL PHASE. The first pass over the skin includes applying a gentle AHA/BHA based foam peel which instantly starts to loosens up dead skin cells, so when the Bio-Brasion hand piece goes over the skin, it works quite effectively at removing these dissolving cells.
- THE TREATMENT PHASE. The second pass is more treatment oriented. Your esthetician will choose either a brightening serum (which is a blend of Vitamin C and niacinamide) that easily penetrates the pores to help correct sun-damage and even skin tone, or a clearing solution (containing antibacterial and pore clarifying salicylic acid) to target excess oil, blemishes and blocked pores.
- THE BUFFING PHASE. As the Bio-Brasion hand piece gently buffs over the skin in the third pass, anti-aging peptides, promote cell renewal, strengthen the skin and reduce inflammation. This ensures a softer, smoother texture and promotes a beautifully hydrated complexion.
Who should try it?
The good news is, Bio-Brasion is safe and effective for most skin types. I’d still be a little hesitant to recommend it for very sensitive, reactive or allergy prone skins which might do better with a calming treatment such as our Cold Fusion Facial. Just about everyone else will see phenomenal results for retexturizing of their skin with either a Bio-Brasion Ultra Brightening Facial, a Bio-Brasion Ultra Smoothing Facial or a Bio-Brasion Ultra Clearing Facial.
Bio-Brasion is especially good for undoing the ravages of sun-damage. It helps retexturize skin into something smoother, more translucent, soft and touchable.
For large pores, clogged pores and problem skin it helps remove debris that fills up the pores as it reduces the appearance of large pores. The antiseptic portion of the treatment kills acne bacteria which greatly reduces acne flareups. Combine Bio-Brasion with a extractions and you have a powerful tool for treating problem breakouts and achieving a beautifully healthy, clear complexion.
For uneven pigmentation, Bio-Brasion works especially well when dealing with sun induced hyper-pigmentation. When combined with a light chemical peel you can achieve excellent results without over stressing your skin. Pigmentation is a difficult problem to deal with. To make real changes in your skin you should consider a series of weekly Bio-Brasion Treatments, and don’t forget the importance of proper homecare.
We are very excited to bring you this new skin perfecting treatment. Bio-Brasion is an excellent way to retexturize your skin without resorting to invasive medical procedures. One treatment will brighten, smooth and refresh your skin and can be done alone or as part of one of our Bio-Brasion Skin Correcting Facials. For best results contact Elizabeth Renee Esthetics Skincare Spa to set up a consultation with one of our expert estheticians who will create an effective protocol for your unique skin type.
note: To book our Bio-Brasion Treatment (as a stand alone exfoliating treatment) Online. Click Here. Select Medical Spa Services from the drop down menu and choose Bio-Brasion Exfoliating Peel. For a complete facial including a Bio-Brasion Peel click Facials from the drop down menu and choose Bio-Brasion Ultra Brightening Facial; Bio-Brasion Ultra Clearing Facial; or Bio-Brasion Ultra Smoothing Facial.